Wednesday, May 16, 2012

How To Prevent Phone Loss

I was taking pictures at a busy park one weekend and returned home. I reached for my phone and it wasn't there. I thought I had lost my phone. I retraced my steps and asked around but to no avail. I was frustrated and disappointed. It turned out that my phone was in my backpack. What a relief! So what would you do if you lost your phone?

First make sure that your phone is secure and you know where you put it. Make sure that you are using a password, pin or gesture feature to unlock your phone. If you ever lose your phone this will prevent anyone that finds your phone from just picking it up and using it. The old school method of  taping your name and phone number to your phone or phone case works. As a contingency plan you could use a phone locator or tracker app that utilizes the GPS signal on your phone and will let you know its location.

Phone locator and tracker apps are used to find or track the location of your phone. Some people use these apps for safety and fun to find the whereabouts of their children, family and friends. These apps must be installed on each phone that you wish to locate or track.

I found a free app called "Where's My Droid". If I lose my phone I can use my computer and Login to Wheres My Droid website. I can make my phone ring and find the location in my house under a pile of clothes or use the GPS to find the location off site.

Here is a link to info about Wheres My Droid and a couple of other phone trackers. Click here to go to Google Play  to view or download more trackers and locators.

No comments:

Post a Comment